Over the last 10 years, MIFB has evolved to become the leading trade event for the food and beverage industry in Malaysia. Naturally, it is also progressing and establishing itself as one of the most anticipated events in the region. With an ever expanding galore of flavorfully innovative and sumptuously new products and services, it offers huge opportunities for food industry players from all over the world to explore trade and networking opportunities at all market levels.
Building on the successful theme of “Serving You a Multi-billion Dollar Global Marketplace” which describes and reinforces the size and magnitude of the food & beverage industry, MIFB 2010 also highlights the entire spectrum of the Malaysian indigenous F & B products and services while also serving as a springboard for foreign producers to dive into the domestic, the regional, as well as the huge world food marketplace. As the focal meeting place, MIFB 2010 continues its role to be the platform that attracts both domestic and international participants who come to interact, transact, source and procure products and services.
Malaysia – Where The World Trades
- The world’s 18th most competitive country and 21st largest exporter
- Ranked 9th position in economic performance
- Top placing amongst 29 economies with US20,000 or less in GDP per capita
- 2nd largest contributors to intra-Asean trade
- Largest trading partner to China from Asean
- Global linkages as former Chairman of the Organization of Islamic Conference
- Top trading partners are USA, Japan, China, Singapore and Thailand
- Major food imports: dairy products, sugar & sugar confectionery, cereals, processed fruits & vegetables, marine products, meat & live animals, tea & milk, spices and honey
- Major food exports: cocoa & cocoa preparations, margarine & shortening, flour preparation, processed seafood, pepper and tropical fruits
Click here http://www.trademal.com/events/2010/mifb2010.reg.php if you would like to register yourself as an exhibitor/visitor/media.
For more information, please visit www.mifb.com.my