The Royal Thai Embassy, Kuala Lumpur, wishes to inform the media representatives of the followings:
1. “Thai Film Festival in Malaysia 2017” is the first film festival organized by the Royal Thai Embassy, in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand and the National Federation of Motion Pictures and Contents Associations of Thailand, as part of the celebration of the 60th Anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Malaysia and Thailand in 2017. It is also intended to promote cultural understanding between the peoples of our two countries.
2. This festival will feature five Thai films, namely “A Gift”, “One Day”, “Take Me Home”, “Mr. Hurt” and “The Crown” at three cinemas, namely GSC Pavilion Kuala Lumpur, GSC One Utama and GSC Mid Valley.
3. All Thai Films in the Festival will be screened for FREE. To redeem the free tickets, only need to present a printout or take a snapshot of any Thai Film Festival in Malaysia 2017 photos or articles in any publication, online postings from facebook fanpage (https://www.facebook.com/TFFMalaysia/) or GSC digital channels and get 2 complimentary tickets at GSC Pavilion KL, GSC Mid Valley or GSC One Utama ticketing counters.
4. Prior to the festival, an opening night Reception & premier screening of “A Gift” will be held on 19th April 2017 at GSC Pavilion 5th Floor, Hall 3. Before the screening of “A Gift”, Ms. Note Panayanggool, a Thai singer/actress from the film will be performing “a royal composition called “Love at sundown” and will be taking questions from the press after the screening. In addition, there will also be a performance by Thai Students from Malaysian Secondary School in Kajang.
5. The Embassy has also invited students and faculty members in filmmaking and content field from various Malaysian universities to attend the screening of ‘Mr.Hurt” on 20th April 2017, with a special interview session with Mr. Ittisak Eusunthornwattana, director, and Ms. Mashannoad Suvanamas, leading actress.
Check out GSC Cinemas for more information